Hacks to get the most out of our clever products
You hopefully all know that all our products are super clever, but because of this they're also incredibly versatile. Not only are they baby essentials that you need anyway, but they also stimulate your baby's developing eyes from as little as a few hours old.
- Hang or tie our smaller muslins over the arch of your baby gym. It will not only complement their eye development but will also encourage them to reach out and try and grab it, benefiting their motor skill development too.
- Similarly they can be tied around a car seat handle or hung over the head rest in their eye line to keep your little one calm and distracted for those often fraught car journeys or walks around and around the block.
- Pop it over their sleepyhead (baby cocoon etc) like you would a cover. When they turn their head to the side the wonderful patterns will keep them occupied for long enough for you to have a cup of tea (and it saves you having to wrestle the covers off then on again when they inevitably have a little sick or dribble on it)
- You can't beat a classic game of peekaboo. Make sure the printed side is on your baby's side so that the high contrast pattern is strongest. By gently pulling the muslin down over their head to their toes, again pattern side down, it will add the extra sensory experience of touch too.
- Pop one of our XL muslins as a cover for a playmat (if you don't have our fabulous playmat of course). Your baby's excitement to see the pattern will encourage them to lift their head off the ground, helping them to build up their neck and shoulder muscles.
- Or quite simply you can pop it on your shoulder during a cuddle or feed, which is of course how the idea came about. Or tie two corners of one of our XL muslins round your neck, print side down, for a breastfeeding cover. It's the simplest use of our muslins and will help keep your baby awake during sleep inducing feeds.
- A sensory muslin, blanket or even playmat hung over the side of the bath or radiator will provide calm staring for you to enjoy a lingering shower, win win!
- Hang one of our muslins or art prints in your baby's eyeline when you change them for staring not squirming during nappy changes (and a lot less poo on your hands....)
- Or quite simply you can pop one on your shoulder during a cuddle or feed, which is of course how the idea came about with then tiny Etta and I. For a breastfeeding cover tie two corners of one of our XL muslins round your neck, print side down, or truck a corner into your bra strap. Feeding offers the simplest use of our muslins and will help keep your baby awake and focused during those sleep inducing feeds.